Janine will appreciate this one...
So I just put Claire down for her nap. I realized that her pacifier was in the family room and went to retrieve it. When I returned to Claire's room, I found her lying in her bed, drinking her bottle, with a big black spider on her fingers! I freaked out! I started screaming & tried to swat the vicious creature off of my baby girl. I knocked her bottle out of her hands and stood her up. I looked all over her crib, through her blankets, and on my hands for the spider. It was nowhere to be found! How could I let my daughter sleep in that room with such a horrible creature on the loose? Meanwhile, Claire was screaming her head off! She was terrified! I don't think she knew quite what to think of her Mommy losing it like that! When I picked her up & tried to comfort her, I found the big smooshed spider - or should I say piece of black fuzz - stuck to Claire's shirt. I pulled it off & had a good laugh. All of that over a piece of fuzz! Too bad Claire didn't understand the reason for my madness. She was so upset that she peed in her diaper, so I changed her & put her back to bed. She began crying hysterically when I put her back in her crib. Can you blame her? She was traumatized. It took a couple minutes of coaxing her to go back to bed & she was fine. I hope that she will not remember this little episode when it's time to go to bed tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HILARIOUS!!!
When I have my contacts out at night, you'd be amazed by how many fuzz-like objects turn into spiders. I would have freaked out the same way.
I think you've ruined her for life. When she's 16 and screaming because a "spider" is there, I'll send you a copy of this blog and she will know the cause for her madness...
HAHAHAHA!
Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one that freaks out over the eight-leggeds.
Thanks for sharing. :) I did appreciate it.
Post a Comment