The end of Daylight Savings used to be my favorite night of the year. Even up until last night I was ecstatic to get that extra hour of sleep! Last night I curled up in my bed, almost giddy because I would be getting to sleep longer. That joy was cut short when Tyler came into my room bright and early this morning. For some reason, I didn't stop to consider that my kids wouldn't know that they were supposed to sleep an extra hour last night too. I guess last year, Tyler was still sleeping in pretty late & we had earlier church so it didn't make as much of a difference. Anyhow, the annoyance didn't end there.
We go to church at 1:00, which is usually a challenge since that's when my kids take naps. But, to them it was 2:00 - even worse. We went to Everett's blessing (which was the highlight of my day) at 1:00. Both kids were horrible during Sacrament Meeting. They each had to have a turn being carried out. Tyler's antics began when we made him sit on the other side of us because the kids right next to him were eating fish crackers. He threw a major fit because he wanted to sit by them. Poor boy, any other kid could keep sitting there without a second thought, but it wasn't a good idea for Tyler to be so close to "bad cheese." Claire was just plain tired and resorted to being noisy & naughty.
After we left the blessing, we hopped in the car to get back to our ward. (Tyler & I had to practice the Primary Program and Jeff had to teach Elders Quorum.) Both kids fell asleep in the car while driving back to our ward. They are never pleasant when we have to wake them before they're ready, but they did OK for the rest of church.
Once we got home, they were back into their horrible behavior. After dinner, Tyler begged me to make smoothies. So I put some banana, cranberries, grapes, blueberries, soy milk & ice in the blender to please my little guy. He took about 2 sips of his & decided he was done. Claire found a great use for hers. She managed to redecorate the kitchen with it. It ended up all over the wall, floor, her chair, the table, her hair, face, hands & Abby Cadabby outfit. That was a lovely mess to clean up.
Yikes, they were so naughty today!!!! We actually put them to bed almost 2 hours earlier than usual just to have a break from them. They must have been tired, because they both went right to sleep. All I can say is, "This is no longer my favorite day of the year!" Maybe when my kids are older I'll be able to renew those loving feelings toward my extra hour of sleep. For now, I'll just have to accept the fact that the end of Daylight Savings is just as bad as the first night of any vacation we've ever taken!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You were sitting right behind me and I didn't even notice them being naughty or loud. Maybe I was too focused on a poopy diaper. Thank you so much for coming to Everett's blessing. My friends rock!
Post a Comment