Friday, September 4, 2009

Tyler & Claire's Bedroom

I finally got Tyler & Claire's room completely organized for the first time since Claire moved in there in March. I know, I know it took me forever. I still need to add a few decorations to the wall with the dresser, but I think it looks good for now.

Here's their reading corner. I love it that we now have a Pottery Barn Outlet within a 1 hour drive of our house. I got a great bargain on the bookshelves. The chair was Tyler's Birthday present 2 years ago & was the reason I decided to make the room red. I actually got somewhat creative & painted the wood letters all by myself. Have you seen the commercial for Command Hooks? I used the picture hangers to hang the letters & they are the greatest invention!


Here's the view from the door! I wanted the room to be a color that was ok for a girl & a boy. I thought red was a good neutral color, plus it matched Tyler's chair. I love the alphabet sheets. I found them at Target & the red comforters are from Sears.


Look at that curtain! I am still impressed with myself for making it all by myself! I even came up with the idea for the pleats on my own - I didn't even have instructions or a picture to look at. I'm sure you can tell in the picture, but those 3 pleats are perfectly centered and spaced to the nearest 1/16 of an inch! I love the fabric - red corduroy. I found it at JoAnn's & I was so excited when I took the sample home it was the exact same shade of red as the chair!


Well, thanks for humoring me & looking at the fruits of my labor! I am so glad that I can finally check this off of my To Do List! Now on to other projects!

3 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

Good job mommy! Doesn't it feel great to get things done?

Ilene said...

You sew? Wow. I am uber impressed. Great job!

I just get my mom to do everything for me. I call my job, "creative director." I like to tell myself that she loves doing the blue collar work.

Mrs. R said...

Very impressive. I have never sewed anything in my whole life except buttons back onto my husband's shirts. You are very talented!