Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Princess and the Frog

Last night we took our kids to see the movie, The Princess and the Frog. The movie was ok, not my favorite Disney movie. Anyway, the movie starts off with Tiana as a little girl and develops the relationship Tiana had with her parents. After a short introduction to Tiana as a little girl, Tiana is shown all grown up. At this point in her life, her father is no longer alive. No big deal, right? Wrong! As the movie was coming to a close, Tyler suddenly burst into tears, sobbing uncontrollably. He climbed up onto my lap. I, of course, asked him what was wrong. Between sobs, he told me, "I'm going to miss you when I'm a grown-up!" It took a lot of reassuring from Jeff & me that we would still be with him when he grows up to calm him down. He also made us promise that when he is a grown-up, he can live in the house right next door to us so that he won't have to miss us. We told him we would love to have him live next door to us. I think the fact that Princess Tiana's father was gone when she was a grown-up got Tyler thinking & he didn't want either of us to be gone when he grows up. What a sweet little boy - I just love him so much!

1 comment:

Mrs. R said...

Awww, that's soooo cute!