Monday, February 22, 2010

Crappy Start of the Week - Literally


What kind of week is this going to be? I don't know - here's how it's started so far...

Last night Claire kept waking up crying. I decided that she must need to use the potty, so I took her to the bathroom. She threw a total fit, not wanting to go potty. She eventually went pee-pee, but it shot between the toilet & the seat and made a huge mess on the floor. Jeff put her in new jammies (because of course she got pee on them) and I cleaned the puddle on the floor & put the rugs into the washer. Then off to bed we went.

At 6:20 this morning, Matthew woke up crying. I went to his room to find that his diaper leaked & he was covered in pee! I changed him into new jammies and put him back to bed.

When I woke up to tend to Matthew, I had a horrendous headache. So I climbed back in bed. Jeff brought me some Advil before he left for work. I stayed in bed for a while waiting for it to kick in.

I got up about 7:20 and fixed breakfast for Tyler. Last night I was sure that Claire would need to go to the doctor today because her eyes were goopy & crusty. After fixing breakfast for Tyler, I checked Claire's eyes & they were perfectly clear! Hooray! Maybe the day won't be so bad after all... or not!

I went in Matthew's room to get him out of his crib. Holy Moly!!! Matthew had taken his pajama pants off & thrown them on the floor. Then he pooped in his diaper & it had oozed out all over his legs and all over his bed. Of course he had to walk all through it! The poop was everywhere! Even up the side of the crib on the slats! I got him all cleaned up and gave him a bath. All this time I just couldn't help but wonder, "How can a mess so gross come from someone so cute?" Instead of adding a picture of the mess, I've added a picture of my cutie little boy after he was all cleaned up.

Tyler started in on his, "I don't want to go to school" whining. My response to him today was, "Fine you can stay home from school, but you'll have to clean up all of that poop in Matthew's room." Needless to say, he was perfectly happy to go to school after that.
As we were walking out the door to take Tyler to school, he decided that he should put his breakfast dishes in the sink. What a good boy - until he spilled the rest of his Cran-Apple juice all over the floor. Nice!

We took Tyler to school & battled it out with all of the crazy parents trying to drop their kids off at school. Now we're back home & I have a disgusting crib to clean up! Oh the joys of being a parent!

All I can say is that if this morning is any indication of how the rest of the week will go, I'll be in need of help from either a mental health professional or the Molly Maids. Here's to a fantastic week. I hope you're all off to a much cleaner & better start than I am.

Oh wait, now there's one my thing to add to the morning list. Claire & Matthew have been playing in my room while I've been writing this post. Just as I was finishing, they left the room & Claire closed Matthew's finger in the door. It looks like he'll probably lose his fingernail. Poor baby! There's no blood, so I think he's ok.

Happy Monday everyone!!!

4 comments:

Mrs. Incredible said...

Yep! I know what you are talking about. I have had to clean that crib mess times 4 before. It seems that every single one of my kids has done that when they were a baby at least once. I pray your day gets better.
The one thing I remember to do when I have these days is to Praise Jesus! I go around the house thanking Him for all my blessings. I focus on the blessings and be very thankful for them. When I do this I find the rest of my day goes great!
I pray that yours turns around for the better.

austin and cherisse said...

Ha I totally get it...sounds like my life!

:corinne: said...

Oh wow! What a Monday. I'm hoping the week has gotten better. I'm sending you a hug.

Dana said...

I bet your week was better! Now it's Friday. Yippeeee!