Saturday, August 28, 2010

Matthew or Houdini

I just wanted to give a quick update on my little Matthew.  He is just as adventurous as ever.  He climbs on everything.  I caught him climbing to the top of my piano last week.  He can slip out of the straps on any shopping cart, no matter how tight I strap him in.  And my biggest disappointment.... he turned a doorknob & opened a door for the first time today.  I guess we have to put those annoying doorknob covers back on for a while - especially on the bathroom door, because he still loves to unroll the toilet paper & play in the toilet!  Oh and in my bathroom, Tyler showed Matthew how to turn on the water for my bathtub.  So now every time Matthew gets into my bedroom, he just has to run to turn on the bathtub faucet!  Doesn't he know we're having a drought?  Ha-ha-ha!

But I am enjoying the fact that in the last couple days Matthew has decided to start communicating with some words.  He's so cute!!!! I love it.  His list of words includes: Mama (for me), Poppa (for Jeff & his Grandpas), sometimes he says Dadda (for Jeff), bubbles, hot (usually referring to his food), again (when he wants to be held or thrown in the air again), more (when he wants more food) , no, aaa (for yes), uh-uh (for no), Wa-hoo (for anything he's enjoying) and he's got the all-purpose "that" to use whenever he doesn't know the word for something.  I can't wait to hear what words he'll learn next!

1 comment:

Mrs. R said...

I was just getting caught up on your blog. :) I can't believe how big Matthew is getting! And how smart. :)