Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Present

Here's the most recent conversation from my house.

Claire: Mommy, I went pee-pee in my bed.
Jeff: Colleen, did you hear what she just said?
Me: Huh?  What did you just say Claire?
Claire:  I went pee-pee in my bed.
Me: You did?
Tyler: What a great Mother's Day present!
Claire: It is not a Mother's Day present.!?! I went pee-pee in my bed.

I guess Claire missed the sarcasm of Tyler's comment!  Too funny!  Even the "joys" of being a mother, like cleaning up a little girl who had an "accident," don't disappear on Mother's Day!  It's just a reminder of how fun it is to be a Mom!  I love my kids!  They're the cutest, funniest, smartest, most fun, and mischievous kids I know.  They bring adventure to my life every single day!  Happy Mother's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Colleen, you already have found the joys in being a special kind of Mom. You have learned to appreciate your kids for what they are . . . wonderful, lovable kids. And it doesn't get any better than that!!!! Except when it's your grandkids! How great that you recognize the true joy that comes from writing it out! Priceless!!!