Well, I've made it to Day 5 of my 8 days playing single mom. The weekend was rough. Claire spent most of Saturday night screaming her head off. I think I got about 3 or 4 fragmented hours of sleep that night. I guess Claire was just trying to get me ready for the sleepless nights to come in January. My grandparents came & stayed with my kids who were too sick to go to church while I went to teach my Primary lesson. (No luck in finding a sub & I can't find it in me to be a flake.) Then they stayed to keep me company & I made a lovely dinner of roast and potatoes. The gravy was so yummy. I tried to rub it in to Jeff that he missed our Sunday dinner. He replied with, "Well, then I don't feel so bad that your mom made me Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies." He's been wanting me to make those for a couple of weeks. Apparently my Mom is making sure that she spoils Jeff while he's staying at her house!
Claire keeps sneaking into my room & sitting on my chair in front of the computer. I finally figured out why. I've been letting Tyler & Claire talk to Jeff on Skype. She sits there hoping to find her Daddy in the computer. How sad is that? She really misses him. I think that's part of the reason for her sob-fest on Saturday night.
Today I actually had a great day. My Grandma & Grandpa took Tyler to the San Diego Wild Animal Park for his birthday. They let Claire & me tag along. We had so much fun! Tyler loved seeing the elephants. He also got to stand right next to a lion with only a super thick layer of glass between them. Claire loved the bird show! I only had one pregnant near vomit experience because of the animal smells. Those birds sure did stink! It took a lot of control, but I did my best and kept my $7.79 + tax hamburger down.
Tyler is spending the night with my Grandparents tonight. I took the opportunity to splurge on a dairy-laden treat. Claire & I stopped at Pinkberry on our way home tonight. Original with strawberries, pineapple & granola -- YUMMY! I took my Pinkberry home, stuck it in the freezer, put Claire to bed & finally got a chance to watch P.S. I Love You (while enjoying Pinkberry). I loved the movie. I think that was the most I've ever cried during a movie. Most movies, I only cry at the end... not this one! I cried through almost the whole thing. Now my eyes are incredibly puffy! Girls, if you have a night when your husband is out & you need a romantic chick flick to watch, this one is perfect! Fair warning, just be sure that you put the entire box of tissues next to you on the couch. The 4 tissues I started the movie with were saturated in no time! I had to pause the movie to fetch the box.
Anyway, I think I'm going to make it to the end of my single days. I only have Wednesday, Thursday & half of Friday until Jeff comes home. Now it's time for me to say "Good-night!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Here's sending warm thoughts your way that the rest of your single time goes by quickly and you can be a family again!
Grandparents to the rescue!! Glad the days are getting better and it's almost over. At least you got to go do some fun stuff with the kids and have a moment for yourself. We are going to be getting together in the next couple of weeks to ambush Krista's new pad. Jani and Laura may even be able to come out. Woohoo! Krista will keep us posted. Girl's night!!
Okay I could totally have pinkberry everyday!!!!
Well I hope you are doing well now that you have a husband back. We are back on bloggin. kneelandsix.blogspot.com
I am glad to see that you survived single momhood, I think that you need a pedicure to get over it and recover...
Post a Comment