Well, my doctor's instructions were right on. I spent time walking, pumping & bouncing to get my contractions going. In fact I stayed up until 2 am trying to get my labor in full swing. My contractions started to slow down, so I gave up & went to bed. At about 4:40 am I had a really hard contraction that woke me up. At the end of that contraction, my water broke. I woke Jeff & called my grandparents to come stay with Tyler & Claire. An hour later we were on our way to the hospital.
My contractions were not too bad, even after they started me on pitocin. But, I got my epidural anyway. This time my epidural was great because I was still able to move my legs, but the medicine made me really itchy. Shortly after 2:00 I was pretty much ready to push. I had to wait for my doctor to finish another delivery. I think I pushed for about 15-20 minutes. When Matthew was crowning, we could see he has a full head of dark hair. My doctor even gave him a little faux-hawk in between pushes. At 2:48 pm, on January 7, 2009, Matthew Gordon Cosme made his grand entrance into the world, weighing 7 pounds 4 ounces, measuring 20 inches long. He is my biggest baby so far, which really amazes me that I didn't tear at all! It is so much nicer to have a baby & not need any stitches! The recovery is soooo much less painful!
I am so happy that everything went well with Matthew's birth. Especially with all of the worry because he was breech for so long. We are all loving the newest addition to our family. He is absolutely adorable! Tyler is such a great big brother. He wants to help take care of Matthew. Claire loves Matthew too - she just wants to kiss him all the time. We're so happy that he's here & that he's healthy! We couldn't ask for anything more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats on your new little guy! I can't believe you are bloggin about him already!
Epidurals make me itchy too but I will so take that over the pain.
Congratulations!! Can't wait to see some pictures:)
Congratulations!
he is super adorable! I am so glad that we could come up and see him and hold him...and let him pee on me! : ) Hope you guys are doing well we had a great time!
He is such a cutie. i am sure he has already grown since we saw him last. It was fun hanging out we will have to do it again soon.
Post a Comment