Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today's Baby Update

I just got home from my check-up. I am 2 cm dilated and 60-75% effaced. My doctor was able to strip my membranes a bit. She said she could induce me tonight & we thought that would be perfect. Unfortunately, when she called the hospital to arrange the induction, they told her they didn't want to do any elective inductions tonight because they are pretty busy & had 4 nurses call in sick. What a bummer! So she scheduled my induction for the next day that she's on-call - January 12. We'll see how it goes. She told me that I should do a lot of walking, bouncing etc. and maybe my contractions would get going tonight. Since she stripped my membranes, I've had a lot of cramping & bleeding - that has to be a good sign, right? Maybe Matthew will share his birthday with my Uncle Ken tomorrow. I think he'll probably come on his own before Monday, but it's nice to know that there is a cut-off for how much longer I'll be pregnant.

3 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

Congratulations! Matthew is here! Can't wait to see you and the baby in a couple of days. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats.....Krista text me last night and told me the great news! Let me know when I can come see you and the new addition.

Mrs. R said...

Congratulations!