Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Claire's Strength

Claire is reaching that age where she is quite an entertaining little girl. She has learned that she has an opinion & that she can fight me on anything and everything. "No" is her new favorite word. When I tell her that it's time for her nap or bedtime, her response is, "Play, just one more minute." When I tell her no, she's less than happy. She's been working on her grumpy face, just like Tyler's.

She really cracks me up though. Today when I made her get out of the kitchen, she decided to throw a tantrum. I say "decided" because she carefully got herself down onto the tile floor, so as not to hit her head, before the kicking and screaming began. That took some planning to do that. I had to laugh at her before dragging her out of the kitchen. Tonight, Tyler & Claire were both in bed and I was pulling a load of laundry out of the dryer. I had just reached the family room with my laundry basket when I heard a loud crash followed by Claire's wailing. I rushed to her room to find her standing in the middle of her room. Apparently her attempt to climb out of her crib didn't go too well. I guess she's going to be moving to her big girl bed sooner than later. What a bummer.

I must say that it's fun to see my little girl developing her own personality. She will definitely not be a pushover as she grows up, and for that reason I am grateful for all of her tantrums and adventurous behavior. She's a fun little girl & I'm so happy to have her in my family!

2 comments:

austin and cherisse said...

she is adorable!

Caroline Haring said...

She is just as cute as can be (when she's not having a tantrum). Glad she didn't get hurt too bad getting out of her crib. She's growing up so fast. It seems like not so long ago I was taking pictures at her 1st birthday. I'm gettin' old.