Yesterday Tyler decided that he wanted me to leave the house for a while & he should have a baby-sitter, "like Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa or Grandma." I told him that I wasn't going anywhere & he didn't need a baby-sitter. Still trying to convince me to leave, he told me, "Mommy, you need to go food shopping. We need some pears, we're all out of pears; and we need some onions & some 'Clorox Bleach'."
I had to laugh at his shopping list. What an interesting combination of things to buy! Especially the Clorox Bleach. I don't ever say that I need "Clorox Bleach." Curious about that item on the shopping list, I had to ask, "What's Clorox Bleach? Do you know what it is used for?"
Tyler answered, "It fights stains." The tone is his voice was as though he wanted to say, "Duh, don't you know anything Mommy? I guess I'll tell you if you don't already know."
It was really hard to avoid laughing at his response. He must have seen a commercial for Clorox Bleach. It's amazing the things his little brain will absorb! I just have to be careful that he soaks up good things & not the garbage that is all around us! I also better be careful what I say around him. Who knows what might come out of his mouth we're not around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go shopping by yourself? I think Tyler had a great idea! It is pretty amazing that he would make a list of things that a mommy would buy and not things that a little boy would buy. Smart kid.
Hi Colleen. Just saw your message on my blog. So glad you're doing well and bloggin. I love to "blurf" which is what I call blog surfing. LOL Yes we're expecting triplets. Can you believe it. I'm hanging in there trying to keep these babies safe inside for as long as I can. Well take care, I'm following your blog now, so I look forward to reading and keeping up with your family. Huggs.
Post a Comment