Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Little Mommy


I just came into the family room to find Claire sitting on the couch with my Boppy Pillow, holding Elmo. I asked her what she was doing & she said, "I feeding my baby." Here's the best part, when I first found her, Elmo was facing the other way - she's making sure to feed Elmo on both sides, just like Mommy does for Matthew! Oh, and she even has her shirt lifted up by Elmo's face. She's really been paying attention to what Mommy does!

6 comments:

Mrs. R said...

Hahaha. Your Claire stories are always so cute. Of course, it won't be long before she'll be mortified at the site of this picture. :)

Melissa said...

How cute! It is amazing what they learn from you when you are not trying to teach them something!
Thanks for sharing with me what Tanner said in Primary. It makes me feel like I must be doing something right...

Chris said...

Julia did that when I had Domenic. It was cute except when she tried to do it in public.

Caroline Haring said...

For the holy terror she's been for the last couple of weeks, it's nice to have a cute, sweet moment like this.

Kristin said...

Hey Colleen, thanks for commenting on my blog. You're one of my favorite people too! I love watching my kids at their play. Both my girls have copied mommy by nursing their dolls. I don't remember if Hyrum tried it before he realized that boys and girls were different. :) We'll see what Joshua does watching mommy with his new baby sister. I enjoy your music playlist. :)

Ilene said...

As a non-nurser, that is one thing I don't have to worry about my kids imitating.

Of course they imitate my tendency to yell quite well.

I rather have them "nurse."