Monday, April 12, 2010

Earth Day Toy Exchange

In honor of Earth Day, Tyler's school will be having a toy recycling event. The kids are supposed to bring in one of their old toys and trade toys with kids in their class. It's kind of like a Christmas Gift Exchange, but with used toys. I had the following conversation with Tyler about this event...

Me: So Tyler, did your teacher tell you about the toy exchange for Earth Day?
Tyler: No, what is it?
Me: You take one of your toys to school & trade it for someone else's toy.
Tyler: (making a sour face) Oh.
Me: You don't have to do it if you don't want to. Like, what if you take a nice toy and you end up getting a junky toy?
Tyler: Well.... what if I take a junky toy and then I can get a really nice toy?
Me: (laughing under my breath) I don't think it really works that way. And that would be rude to take a junky toy.

Tyler is a smart kid. He doesn't want to get rid of a good toy, running the risk of bringing home a junky one. I guess we'll have to think about it & decide if Tyler is going to trade one of his toys.

No comments: