So this morning, I woke up around 5:15 with a horrible migraine. It was awful and I was so nauseous because of it. I dragged myself out of bed to take my thyroid medicine. I'm supposed to wait an hour after taking it before taking any other medicine or eating anything. I made it about 15 minutes before I was ready to cry and asked Jeff to bring me a Pepsi and some Tylenol before he left for work. It took me about an hour to get back to sleep. I had to wake up about 7:00 to get my kids ready for school. I got everyone out the door and was planning to come home & just lie on the couch while Matthew watched movies. But I remembered that on Monday, when I tried to schedule an earlier appointment with my OBGYN, they told me to call back on Wednesday morning to check if he had any cancellations. So at 8:35 I found out that my doctor had an opening at 9:50 in his Chino Hills office. I fought through feeling nauseous and got myself showered and ready, put the last few items I want in my suitcase (just in case), dressed Matthew, dropped him off at my grandparents house & started driving like crazy to get to the appointment. While I was driving, I was having some contractions and Kate was moving around a ton. She was stretching her legs out, kicking toward my ribs and pushing her head straight down. Then I had a gush of fluid & I was pretty sure my water broke. So I called the doctor's office & told them I'd just go to the hospital instead.
I went home, grabbed a few things, and drove back to my grandparents house. Jeff left work to meet me at the hospital and my Grandma drove me over to the hospital. When I got there, they did 2 different tests to check if my water actually broke and they decided that my water did not break. I guess Kate just stretched herself hard enough on my bladder to cause the gush. When the nurse checked me I was still only 1 cm and 80% effaced, just like last Friday. All of the contractions I've been having haven't done a darn thing! Kate didn't have enough variation in her heartbeat, so they made me lie there forever trying to "wake her up." Once they realized that her heart rate was fine, they talked to my doctor and he said to send me home. The nurse said that I couldn't just stay to be induced because I have to go to an appointment with the doctor and fill out paperwork in his office. She said to go to my next appointment and then come back to be induced.
The only problem with that is when I got the new appointment with my doctor this morning, they cancelled my Friday appointment and gave it to someone else. So I didn't have an appointment with my doctor. Of course this was 10 minutes after the doctor's office closed for lunch. So I had to wait until they opened again to try to get a new appointment. Jeff drove back to work in Buena Park for a meeting he needed to attend. My grandma & I went to meet my Grandpa at McDonald's because he took Matthew & Claire there for lunch. When we got the kids loaded into the car, I called the doctor's office and got an appointment for 3:40 in his Upland office. We went back to get my bag that holds Tyler's epi-pens from my grandparents house, then picked Tyler up from school. My grandparents met me at my house. My Grandpa stayed with my kids while my Grandma drove me to Upland. When we got to the Upland office, the girl at the front desk proceeded to tell me, "Um, I don't know if the doctor left before or after we made your appointment, but he isn't here. He had to go do a C-Section and won't be coming back into the office. You can see the nurse practitioner instead or we can reschedule you." But after asking if the nurse can write orders for an induction, and the front office girls going to find out the answer to my question - it was determined that the orders need to be written by the doctor. There was no point seeing the nurse, so they rescheduled me to see the doctor tomorrow morning at 9 am. I am so sick of dealing with this doctor's office. They are such a pain! So Grandma & I had to turn around and drive back home. We will try again tomorrow morning.
I still feel yucky. I am still pregnant. And I'm really hoping that tomorrow the doctor will take pity on me & schedule an induction for me. Everyone keeps telling me, "Don't worry. You won't be pregnant forever. She will be here soon." But it seems like if it's up to my doctor, he'd like to see me stay pregnant for another week or two. I think I'm ready for a good night's rest now. I'm exhausted and I don't think I can stay awake much longer.
Here's to hoping for a better tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear. I was so hoping that she would be born today. I pray that you go into labor soon and have her.
Post a Comment