Friday, April 6, 2012
Nesting
I think I should have a baby more often. This nesting phase is getting a lot of things done around my house. Here is how nesting works.... (and yes, you can laugh at me - especially if you've been through this & can relate) I need to clean my kids' bathroom. I do the standard cleaning, but before I sweep the floor, the spots where the paint has chipped off of the vanity and the door catch my eye. So I decide that it only makes sense to sand those spots down before I sweep. I sand, sweep and mop, but then I realize I can't leave the raw wood because the kids will spill on it & it will be ruined. So I head to the garage for the quart of touch up paint that's been waiting for me to repair the spot with water damage from when Claire flooded the bathroom in November. I paint the vanity, door & water damaged door frame, but figure that while I have the paint out, I should make sure that there's no other trim needing some touch-up paint. I walk around my house with my paint & brush and now, not only do I have a nice clean bathroom - I have paint touched up in both of the kids' bedrooms, the hallway, the front door, the kitchen and the laundry room. Crazy? Yes. Does this painting NEED to be done before I bring my baby home? Not really. But my house is looking really nice. This is why getting my house cleaned up while I'm nesting takes so long. If only I had this psychotic compulsive need to clean and organize my house all of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment