Answer: When you find him breaking out of his swaddle wrap, completely twisted around in his cradle when you wake in the morning.
For the past couple nights, I've known that the time was coming to move Matthew to his crib. I was just putting it off because I liked having him in my room. When he's in my room, I don't have to walk clear across the house to put his pacifier back in his mouth or calm him when he cries. Last night, I fed Matthew & he just didn't want to go back to sleep. I put him in his cradle & he was just lying there babbling away. When it was close to 2:00 am, I finally gave up & took him to his crib. He cried once & I went to give him his pacifier. After that he slept the rest of the night. I think he just wanted to know that Mommy would still come if he cried. I snuck in his room around 7:30 this morning to snap a picture of him. It's a bittersweet moment for me. I think that moving him out of his cradle is the first time I have to let go & allow him to grow up. So sad - he won't be a baby forever. So I'd better enjoy his baby years while they last! I love you my sweet little Matthew!
6 comments:
He is adorable!!!!!!
What a sweet little face. Laura is getting teeth. I want to cry, I'm not ready.
I can't believe how big he is!!! What a cute little thing!
Oh he is just the sweetest. i love his cute little face. Can't wait to swim with ya this summer!
He has the most adorable smile. What a precious baby.
It was nice to see you last night! I'm with you, it took an outside force (Aaron) to get me to move the baby into another room.
Post a Comment