Friday, May 1, 2009

Too Hot in the Kitchen


This bottle of cleaner was sitting on my cooktop while I had my lunch in the oven. Apparently, the plastic couldn't withstand the heat coming out of the vent on top of the stove. (The oven was set to 450 degrees.) The bottle melted and some of the cleaner spilled on the stove. Oh well, this is the least disgusting mess I've had to clean up today. I guess now I've learned my lesson - don't leave bottles of cleaner on the cooktop while I'm using the oven. I wonder if all bottles would melt, or do those green works products come in some cheap recycled bottle. . . who knows. I guess there's only one way to find out. I have an almost empty bottle of Lysol Kitchen Cleaner. He-he-he.

2 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

At least the plastic didn't melt on your stove. Hey, I finally took your gift from Jani and that clock to your mom's yesterday. Love ya!

Mrs. R said...

You know what else melts when it's left on top of a hot stove? Tupperware...don't ask me how I know that...